Monday, June 7, 2010

Gathering Materials

I don't like the supplies I use to be too "precious."  I need to be able to trash what I've worked on if it's no longer working without feeling like I've taken a financial hit. I want to be able to make mistakes or make quickie samples or try something I dislike without worrying that I've destroyed something priceless. I prefer to think that it's me who puts added value to the materials.

I had a great time, therefore, during a visit to SCRAP in San Francisco. SCRAP is a warehouse of recycled art supplies and other uncategorizable odds and ends.


 Prices are minimal and choices are myriad. You do need to dig around some to find the treasures you are after. After a lot of hunting, this is what I came home with, fabrics, trims, zippers, and some, er, widgets?

No comments:

Post a Comment